Win an all-expenses-paid break for two, to Tuscany
Chianti, Montepulciano, Brunello di Montalcino – Tuscany easily earns the title of being home to some of the world’s most notable wine regions. Picture rolling vineyards and olive groves, quaint medieval towns and architecture bursting with history – soak in the true essence of Italy.
We’ve teamed up with our fabulous producer partner Carus Vini to offer our Wine&Something customers the opportunity to win a two-night, three-day break for two to the heart of Tuscany. Your host for the three days will be none other than Guido Carissimo, owner of Carus Vini.
"Scopri il mondo"
Located in one of the best areas for Chianti Classico, Carus Vini is today as it was when created in the 1990s, with most of its vineyards planted under the direction of the late Giacomo Tachis, the famous Italian oenologist who collaborated on and launched Super Tuscans such as Sassicaia and Tignanello. Guido came on board as the current owner in 2011, and wine maker Gioia Cresti oversees production on the 13.5ha of hilly, clay rich soil, which produces excellent wine characterised by good minerality and acidity, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot and, of course, Chianti Classico.
After touching down on the tarmac in Italy, you’ll be whisked to San Casciano Val di Pesa, where Carus Vini is located, for a light lunch. We then start by enjoying a very special wine tasting with Guido Carissimo and wine maker Gioia Cresti, as you enjoy a relaxing tour of the beautiful Carus Vini vineyards.
Later in the afternoon we visit the magnificent Cotto Manetti terracotta factory, run by the Manetti family since 1780. Usually not open to tourists, the family have agreed to an exclusive visit for our group to learn more about the world famous terracotta clay and it's geologic formations around the city of Impruneta. We're then transferred to beautiful “Agriturismo” hotel of Poggio Borgoni for an aperitif and freshen before heading to dinner at a local restaurant in San Casciano.
We start day two travelling to the quaint town of San Gimignano, a UNESCO heritage site, to explore this beautiful town and its famous town hall. The historic centre of San Gimignano is a cultural site of exceptional value, as it has treasured its architectural homogeneity and its original urban layout. The buildings within the town’s double wall provide a shining example of medieval architecture with influences of Florentine, Sienese, and Pisan styles from the 12th to the 14th century. Whilst in San Gimignano we visit Palagetto winery for a wine tasting of the 'queen' of the local white grapes, Vernaccia, and light lunch.
In the afternoon we take you to another UNESCO heritage site, the historic city of Siena, where you’ll marvel in its beautiful architecture distinguished by its medieval brick buildings and gothic appearance acquired between the 12th and 15th centuries. We visit the Duomo di Siena, the city's famous cathedral with exquisite marble floors. Enjoy all the city has to offer before a late dinner located in the worldwide famous Piazza del Campo.
You’ll move on to the region’s capital of Florence to enjoy some of its historical sites and visit the Torrigiani garden, with nearly seventeen acres hidden in the heart of Florence, it is the largest privately owned garden in Europe. We have the privilege of meeting the owner Marquis Vieri Torrigiani Malaspina and will enjoy a drink in his private house on the estate. Our final destination is a third wine tasting at the beautiful Fattoria di Bagnolo where we'll be hosted by the owner herself, Marquise Giovanna Bartolini Baldelliwith and enjoy breath taking views and wines.
That ends our tour of Tuscany as we make our way back to the airport.
How to enter
For every bottle of wine you buy from Wine&Something from 27 August 2022 until the 28 February 2023, you’ll receive one entry into the prize draw for your chance to win. Additionally for every bottle of Carus Vini wines you buy, you will receive an extra entry per bottle into the draw. There are two chances to win, the grand prize of the 'Trip to Tuscany' and a monthly prize of a case of Italian wines.
Monthly wine prize will be drawn on the last day of the month and winners notified the next working day. First of the monthly wine draws will take place in September 2022 and last monthly wine prize draw will take place in January 2023. Only one monthly wine prize per month will be on offer. The grand prize draw of the 'Trip to Tuscany' will be drawn on the 1st March 2023 and the winner will be notified shortly after.
It’s as simple as that! There’s no limit to the number of entries you can have – so now’s a great time to sample everything Wine&Something has to offer. From France to Chile to New Zealand and back to Italy, every bottle purchased is an entry in the draws.
Terms and conditions
- The organiser of the competition is Wine&Something Limited.
- The competitions run from 27 August 2022 until midnight on 28 February 2023. All purchases qualify as entries into the grand prize draw as well as the monthly wine prize in the month of ordering.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the travel dates or postpone the tour to another date should it be required due to the Covid-19 pandemic or other. The itinerary is flexible and the organiser reserves the right to change the itinerary.
- Travel is subject to UK & Italian government rules and restrictions regarding Covid-19. The prize winner and their travelling guest must comply with government rules regarding Covid-19 vaccination/s and other health regulations required by the UK or Italy.
- Grand prize of a Trip to Tuscany includes return flights (leaving from London), transfers throughout, accommodation, entry to organised activity and three meals a day with glass of wine at lunch and dinner. Prize does not include spending money. Monthly wine prizes include one 6 bottle pre-selected mixed case of Italian wine, sent via DPD to the prize winners chosen address (UK address only). The prizes are not transferable for cash or credit.
- The grand prize winner and their travelling guest are responsibility for ensuring they are eligible to travel with valid passports and visas.
- Insurance is not provided as part of the holiday prize. It will be the prize winner's and their travelling guest's responsibility to take out, at their own cost, all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
- Entries close midnight on the 28th February 2023 and the grand prize draw will take place on the 1st March 2023 at the Wne&Something offices in Guildford, and the prize winner will be notified on the 1st March 2023 by telephone or in writing (including by email). The winner has the right to refuse the prize. In the event of this situation the draw will be retaken and a new winner will be notified immediately after the second draw. Only one grand prize is available.
- Five monthly wine prizes are available for the duration of the competition. One per month for five months from September 2022 until January 2023. Monthly wine prizes will be draw on the last working day of that month and the winner will be notified via email or telephone. Only purchases within that particular month qualify as entries into the monthly prize being drawn.
- The competition is only open to persons 18 year or older.
- The organisers employees, suppliers and agencies (and their immediate family and household members) may not enter the competition.
- By entering the competition, the entrant indemnifies the organiser against any and all actions, claims, damages, expenses or liabilities suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by us in consequence of any breach or alleged breach, non-performance or non-observation by the entrant of any agreement, conditions, obligation or warranty on the part of the entrant herein.
- The organisers decisions relating to the competition and/or redemption of the prize is final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.